- 30-day tags may be purchased from the License Bureau prior to transferring a certificate of title.
- All liens on the face of a certificate of title must be cancelled by the Clerk of Courts in any county in Ohio.
- A certificate of title may be obtained in any county in Ohio. A photo identification or driver's license are necessary to transfer a title.
- Do not leave your certificate of title in your car. It is similar to the deed of your real estate property; it is your proof of ownership. Take good care of it.
- Never make alterations, erasures, or use whiteout on a certificate of title. If this is done, the title becomes null and void; a new title will have to be issued.
- A transfer of title must be made within 30 days of notary date to avoid a penalty fee.
- Used vehicles purchased out-of-state require a serial number inspection. A purchase from an out-of-state dealer requires a Bill of Sale ST108 and RD108 form, the inspection (if the vehicle is considered used), and the out-of-state title.
- When you sell your motor vehicle, make sure the buyers name and address, the purchase price, and mileage information are filled out in full before your signature is notarized. A parent or legal guardian (with identification) must accompany children under 18 years old.
- Your Social Security Number is required by law when applying for a certificate of title.
Please note: we do not issue driver's license nor license plates.
- Please contact the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, Bryan Ohio office at 419-636-5516.
- View the Court Ordered Titles (PDF)